Each week 973 ESPN South Jersey and Prime Events give you the chance to vote for South Jersey High School Athlete of the Week. We want to recognize some of the great student-athletes of the Cape Atlantic League with five nominees. Last week’s winner was JaQuan Howard from Cedar Creek!
Check out this week’s nominees for South Jersey High School Athlete of the Week and be sure to vote below, then find out this Friday at 325 p.m. on ESPN 973 who’s the winner when Josh Hennig announces the winner of each week on the radio:
* JC Landicini, Cedar Creek, Senior – the quarterback completed 22 of 27 passes for 375 yards and 5 touchdowns in a win over Delsea for the South Jersey Group 3 title. He only became the 11th Cap-Atlantique QB to throw 5 touchdowns in a game.
* Elijah Steward, Saint-Esprit, Senior –He caught two touchdowns in the first half to give the Spartans a halftime lead in their 28-14 loss to DePaul Catholic. Steward has 12 TD receptions this season.
* Le Quint Allen, Millville, Senior –The Running Back carried the ball 27 times for 139 yards and two touchdowns and anchored a defense that shut down Ocean City in the South Jersey Group 4 Championship game.
* Brendan McGonigle, Ocean City, Senior –He kicked a field goal for the Raiders only points in a loss to Millville. He increased his career kicking total to 164 points, the most in CAL history.
* Jahmeer Cartagena, St. Joseph, Senior –He caught a 59-yard touchdown in the loss to Red Bank Catholic, his 12th touchdown reception of the year. He also leads all CAL players with three defensive touchdowns.